EE 2.0 Logo

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Current Time:

View Unread Topics Since Your Last Visit

Important Announcements

The Earth's Elite Spring 12 Hour Take Over Starts In... NOW!!! WATCH LIVE AT HTTPS://EARTHELITE.CO.UK/12H

Author Topic: #EE24H April 2016  (Read 13130 times)

{EE} Callum Jackson

• Earth's Elite CEO (Founder)
  • Senior Staff
  • Steam Profile: Steam Profile Of callum603
  • STO Character: Callum Jackson@Calcium1
  • Beware the ban hammer!
    • View Profile
    • Earth's Elite's
#EE24H April 2016
« on: January 21, 2016, 04:04:26 pm »

I know this is a little early to post up the April 24 Hour Event info, but the earlier we start, the more time we have to plan the event and hopefully we can make the event much better than the previous years.

The 24 Hour event will happen in April, first couple of weeks preferably as it's meant to start the EE recruitment week and it's the last week of the 2016 EE Donation drive.

For those who are relatively new the community, EE's 24 Hour events are primarily to promote the community, they are live streamed by the Community Director (me), we do normally run paid advertisements on various sites, the goal during the April 24 Hour event is to promote the community and achieve the Donation goal for the given year.

You might be wondering why we try and achieve the donation goal so early on in the year, this is because payments for the EE services start middle of April, so the 24 hour events are, essentially, our last ditch attempt at getting the money raised, because anything not raised by the end of that event, I must try and find, just like last year, unfortunately, I do not have enough to front the £31.00 we still require (granted we are waiting on a payout from our ad networks, but even that's not going to cover the full amount).

During the 24 Hour events we offer extra special donator perks.  If you donate £5.00 or more, you can issue 1 order to a superior staff member of your choice.  These orders should be embarrassing, just like Novembers where Scott made me sing 'Silento's Watch Me' (hate that song, for the record).  If the superior of your choice declines the order, then EE refunds you your entire donation and the staff member declining the order, will reimburse EE, essentially, they pay you back for your donation (Maximum £5.00).

Usually myself and Scott will run/organise the event, this time around I'm changing that up a bit.  I tend to be the only member who stays for the full 24 Hours, I also tend to be the only one left for the final hours of the event (Big thanks to Canio for joining me for the last couple of hours of Novembers, almost fell asleep on stream that time).  This time around, I will run/organise the event myself, I will tailor it around being easier on those who stay for the full 24 hours.  Any EE Staff member attending, will of course still be expected to perform their duties in keeping the event moderated, though the EE 24 Hour events are PG-18 Explicit.

So, what different this time around?

I'm not saying this will become the norm for EE 24 Hour events, but we are going to be trialing it this time.

Each division of Earth's Elite will get a 1 hour time slot for events, these timeslots will be arranged with the respective division heads.  When it's time for another division's events to start, we'll switch to that game, or be prepared to switch to that game.  If those attending don't want to play the game and no one shows up for that divisions events, then after 15 minutes, the event can be cancelled, just like the standard EE events rule.  If someone does turn up for that event, within the 15 minutes, then we will switch to that game, regardless of if those attending want to play it or not, but the event will last for 1 hour, it can go on longer if those attending wish to keep playing, but after 1 hour, they are free to switch.

Each division will get to schedule 1 'showcase' event during the 24 hour event, meaning for 4 hours we'll play the divisions games (if we want to and/or if people turn up for it), for the remaining 20 hours, we'll be free to play whatever we want.  Just like the Solstice event we ran in December, a majority vote will be taken before switching games, so most people attending will want to play what we switch to.  Anyone is free to request a game change in the event.

The last 6 hours of the event are the hardest, therefore, those who have been attending for the longest, from this point on, will be granted a little extra power when it comes to deciding which games to play next, simply because at that point in the event you don't want to be stuck playing a game you don't want to play, even for an hour, that would likely be the end of the event for you.

Same promotion points system will be in place for those attending.

Every 1 Hour = 10 Promotion Points
First 6 consecutive Hours = X2 Multiplier
Second 6 Consecutive Hours = X3 Multiplier
Third 6 Consecutive Hours = X4 Multiplier
Fourth 6 Consecutive Hours = X5 Multiplier

If you last the full 24 hours we'll award you a special X12 Multiplier on top of the above multipliers, you could potentially receive 86,400 Promotion Points.  Senior Staff are eligible to receive these promotion points, but will have to give them away during the P&A ceremony in November.

To keep with tradition and to allow the donation drive to finish on time, this event must happen in the first or second week of April.  Last year we did the event on the 11th.  This year I propose a start of FRIDAY APRIL 1ST 2016 @ 7PM COMMUNITY TIME.

Post below if that's alright for you, if not please suggest a different date/time.

I'll be locking in a date/time on the 4th of February @ 23:59.  In 2 weeks time.

--
Callum Jackson
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Information Officer
Earth's Elite

Web: http://www.earthelite.co.uk
E-Mail: http://www.earthelite.co.uk/mailer.php?emid=11

That which does not kill me, has made a tactical error...

{EE} Scott Archer

• Vice Admiral
  • Senior Staff
  • STO Character: Scott Archer@scottarcher97
  • Scott Archer
    • View Profile
Re: #EE24H April 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 10:19:55 pm »

The Easter holidays in the UK are different depending on school/ area (and I think many other counties have time off around this time) but I imagine the first of April will fall somewhere within this period for many.
This might be a bad thing as people will be away but then it might be a good thing as people may be more willing to last the whole event if they know they'll have time to recover afterwards.
I think either 12:00 (midday) or 19:00 are the start times that have worked the best in the past although it might make sense to try starting at 7-9 am to see how well starting early works.

Please create a forum signature by going to Profile > Modify Profile > Forum Profile.

{EE} Callum Jackson

• Senior Staff
  • Beware the ban hammer!
    • View Profile
    • Earth's Elite's
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 11:41:43 pm »

So far I've not liked the earlier starts, because then after the 24 hours you've got the next day to get through.

Personally I cannot sleep if it's light, so I'm physically not able to sleep then for another 8 - 12 hours after completing the 24 hour event.  Which is why I suggested the 7PM start, seemed to work nicely last time.

--
Callum Jackson
Chief Executive Officer
Earth's Elite

{BANNED} jamessolomon

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 07:57:00 pm »

Depends if its not a work day or something but i did last lie 9 hours in a 48 hour event before passing out asleep

WAWLumberjack

{EE} Shoot

• Community Liaison Officer
  • Senior Staff
  • Steam Profile: Steam Profile Of shoot0028
  • STO Character: Jeremy Okane@hakkapeliitta00
  • Earth's Elite Stream Team Partner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 03:14:35 pm »

April 15th @8PM.

Star Trek Online Character

Fleet Admiral Jeremy Okane,
Echo Fleet, U.S.S. Odyssey, NCC-92000-D Odyssey Class Tactical Star Cruiser
Klingon War, Vaadwaur War, and Iconian War veteran.

Rear Admiral, Upper Half Shoot
Earth's Elite Stream Team Partner
Community Liaison Officer
Senior Staff
Earth's Elite

Web: https://www.earthelite.co.uk
E-Mail: Email me.
I've been working on the railroad all the live long day!

{EE} Callum Jackson

• Senior Staff
  • Beware the ban hammer!
    • View Profile
    • Earth's Elite's
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 08:52:06 pm »

A few last minutes changes to how this event will be run.

The Senior Staff are all in agreement with the following new temporary rules:

• Members will receive a 24 Hour community ban for: Destroying a fun environment, generally annoying, other minor rule breaking | This will be after only ONE WARNING
  • Members will receive a 24 Hour community ban for: self advertising, advertising of other communities etc (EE & SSRF are the two communities being advertised tomorrow) | THERE WILL BE NO WARNINGS!

We hope we wont have to issue any 24 hour bans, but please note, in order to keep this event moderated, fun and enjoyable, we wont hesitate.

--
Callum Jackson
Chief Executive Officer
Earth's Elite

Login/Register To Use The EE COMMS

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal