EE 2.0 Logo

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Current Community Time:

View Unread Topics Since Your Last Visit

Important Announcements

Earth's Elite has open staff positions, for more information visit the staff vacancies thread - https://earthelite.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,615.0.html

Author Topic: Senior Staff Meeting [08/12/2014] - DECLASSIFIED!  (Read 537 times)

{EE} Callum Jackson

• Earth's Elite CEO (Founder)
  • Senior Staff
  • Steam Profile: Steam Profile Of callum603
  • STO Character: Callum Jackson@Calcium1
  • Fleet Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Earth's Elite's
Senior Staff Meeting [08/12/2014] - DECLASSIFIED!
« on: December 09, 2014, 02:52:52 pm »

Below are some of the results that we feel the general member base should be made aware of.  Any questions etc please do post them below.

Garry's Mod Division
The decision has been made that the Gmod division will remain in active service until March 2015.  If by the time March comes we haven't been able to find enough money to fund the ENTERPRISE server, Garry's Mod Division will be shutdown permanently.

Ace of Spades
The decision has been made to allow the AoS division to remain in active service until March 2015.  If by the time March comes and we haven't been able to find enough money to fund the ENTERPRISE server, AoS's situation will be reviewed, if it is able to run along side Holomatch & RPG-X on DEFIANT, then it will be permitted to remain in active service.

CloudFlare
After the host outage yesterday, this decision was made.  Earth's Elite will begin to utilise a service called CloudFlare.  This service will help improve the speed of our site, the security of our site, and even attempt to stop spammers/bots from accessing our site.  I believe there is also a feature built in to inform our site users if their computers are infected with a virus that it knows of.  But the feature that sold us on this service was the 100% uptime guarantee, even if our host goes offline again, users will still be able to access a Cached copy of our site (I believe it will be a version of our site that is 24 hours old), though most features wont work (shoutbox, posting, etc), we will still have a website for our users to come to and get information etc off of if needed.  This we feel will benefit us massively after I myself stored the Senior Staff meetings agenda on the site, and we lost access to it for half of the meeting due to the outage.

Senior Staff Meetings
It has been decided that we need to increase the frequency of these meetings, therefore, the senior staff will convene once every 3 months for a full senior staff meeting, the next being in March 2015.

Staff Meetings
The decision has been made that EE will hold a full staff meetings every 6 months, these meetings will involve every member who holds a staff position within EE.
It has also been decided that division and department directors should hold a division/department specific meeting every 6 months, BEFORE the full staff meeting or as and when necessary.
It has also been decided that department and division directors will convene once every 6 months for a meeting, this meeting will involve the more classified subjects that can't be discussed in the whole staff meeting.  Senior staff may attend these department/division head meetings.

Policies
These are still being worked on, we will attempt to have a confirmed set of policies by the new year.

Senior Staff Positions
The decision has been made to split the Joint Chief of Fleet Operations into two separate roles.
Rear Admiral Scott Archer, will now be the sole Chief of Fleet Operations, he will oversee the operational side of our community - Divisions, and CW department.  The Gaming Department Director and Sub Director positions have been deleted.
Rear Admiral DJ Hurt, will now be the Chief of Staff For Earth's Elite, he will oversee the non operational side of the fleet, Recruitment department, JAG, etc.

Anything not mentioned above is still deemed classified.

Any questions, please do post them below.

--
Fleet Admiral Callum Jackson
Chief Executive Officer
Owner/Founder
Technical Department Director
Lead Website/Server Administrator/Developer
Webmaster
Earth's Elite

Web: http://www.earthelite.co.uk
E-Mail: http://www.earthelite.co.uk/mailer.php?emid=11

Help Me Out By Purchasing Your Next Game Using This Link.

That which does not kill me....has made a tactical error

{EE} Shoot

• Community Manager
  • Senior Staff
  • Steam Profile: Steam Profile Of shoot0028
  • STO Character: Jeremy Okane@hakkapeliitta00
  • Rear Admiral, Lower Half
    • View Profile
Re: Senior Staff Meeting [08/12/2014] - DECLASSIFIED!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 10:26:52 am »

Good to hear that.

Star Trek Online Character

Fleet Admiral Jeremy Okane,
Echo Fleet, U.S.S. Odyssey, NCC-92000-D Odyssey Class Tactical Star Cruiser
Klingon War, Vaadwaur War, and Iconian War veteran.

Rear Admiral, Lower Half Shoot
Senior Staff
Earth's Elite

Web: https://www.earthelite.co.uk
E-Mail: Email me.

I've been working on the railroad all the live long day!

Login/Register To Use The EE COMMS