EE 2.0 Logo

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Current Time:

View Unread Topics Since Your Last Visit

Important Announcements

The Earth's Elite Spring 12 Hour Take Over Starts In... 15 days 1 hour 13 minutes remaining.

Author Topic: Virtual Airline  (Read 1800 times)

{EE} Callum Jackson

• Earth's Elite CEO (Founder)
  • Senior Staff
  • Steam Profile: Steam Profile Of callum603
  • STO Character: Callum Jackson@Calcium1
  • Beware the ban hammer!
    • View Profile
    • Earth's Elite's
Virtual Airline
« on: February 04, 2016, 11:48:39 pm »

As of today I've assumed the Sub-director position within the FSX division.

Should another Officer want this position in the future, I may step aside.

My first act as sub-director, I'd like to setup a Virtual Airline.

I've spoken to James (Lumber) about this already, he's had quite a few good ideas for this.

So far we've got the following:

Name: Elite Air (Working Name, feel free to suggest others).

We'll have two hubs at the start, one US Hub, hopefully managed by Bofum, and an EU Hub in the UK, managed by myself.  Each hub will have a small fleet (at first).  In order to fly with the airline, you'll have to choose a hub and complete a checkride.  You'll start off in the smaller aircrafts, earning VA Points for each flight, as you progress through the VA, you'll be able to transition to larger aircraft.  Until you are 'qualified' to fly the large passenger jets, you'll only be permitted to act as a First Officer aboard them, so for the first few months you'll have to fly with either myself or Bofum, unless you fly the smaller aircrafts.

Now, 'Elite Air' can't afford many aircraft, so you'll have to book your aircraft in advance, if you want a recurring scheduled flight, we'll be able to set that up from your home hub, therefore that aircraft would be booked out for that flight automatically for you.  Certain aircrafts will be unavailable at times, this will be when they are out for scheduled maintenance checks.

Pilots will have to complete a checkride every 9 months, (or every time they change aircraft type rating (so if you go from a Cessna to a Learjet, etc), which ever comes first).

You'll be able to create your own flight plans, or use company flight plans (as they become available).  Hub airport information will be available from the EE website once the VA system is up and running (currently in development, scheduled release is with EE 2.1).

We'll hopefully have regular events where you'll be able to earn extra VA points to get a promotion, but logging flights on the VA system will earn you points.

In the event of an emergency, this should be reported via the VA system, if you crashed the aircraft, then the aircraft will be written off and removed from the available fleet.  If it was just an engine failure or something, then just report the issue and the aircraft will be sent to the maintenance crew, who'll have it back up and running in no time (note, the aircraft will be unavailable for a small time for maintenance).

So, this is just the initial idea of the VA, including some of my ideas and Lumbers.  Anything else, any comments etc, please, post them below.

--
Callum Jackson
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Information Officer
Earth's Elite

Web: http://www.earthelite.co.uk
E-Mail: http://www.earthelite.co.uk/mailer.php?emid=11

That which does not kill me, has made a tactical error...

Login/Register To Use The EE COMMS

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal