Community Discussions > Conference Lounge

Earth's Elite - What you want

(1/3) > >>

{EE} Callum Jackson:
The Earth's Elite staff are having a meeting on the 6th of June.  Over the past 6 months I have noticed that events aren't attended as much as we'd like or as much as they used to be.  In my case, I'm unable to attend quite a few of the events right now due RL and I understand this may be the case for some other members.

The purpose of this thread is to find out what you like and dislike about EE, also include how we could fix some of the points, if you have an ideas.  If you have any suggestions for what we should do, then include that as well.

When EE first opened, my intention was to create a community where members can come together and game, I had hoped that as time went on and the member base grew, more and more events or spur of the moment events would spring up, it had always been my intention to allow members to create their own events for any game they see fit (as long as it's suitable for most of EE's members), then if those games became popular, EE would officially adopt the game and create a division for it.

I have seen interest in members wanting other games supported, yet when there are events for other games, we hardly ever get anyone attend (the Random Game Night is a good example of this, any and every game out there that is either free or everyone has is on the list, yet we've never actually done this event as either no one had downloaded the nights games or no one would turn up).  Therefore I'm turning to you all, what is it you want from Earth's Elite?

In my time as FCO I have seen staff members try out many different types of events, some worked for a while, some failed straight away, but we've never found anything that seems to 'work' for the most part.

If I don't get any responses to this then I'll just presume that the last few months have been busy IRL for most members, resulting in the low turn out for events.

Thank you to those who do reply to this.  Please try to keep negative comments constructive, I'm not saying don't be honest (please do be), but don't just reply with "X event is bad, cancel it", tell us why you think it's bad, what we could potentially do to improve it, etc.

{EE} Khta:
I was thinking we needed a discussion about this!
What does not work for me:
(Obviously) scheduling weekly events (as per required) and having no one present or perhaps present for 1 of 4.
I schedule them at times I thought worked for the European faction, but these times are not ideal for me, thus my frustration. I have been thinking I would set times I like to play since it hasn't seemed to matter.
My thoughts for improvement:
I would like to set one day a month for each department (FsX, STO, random games) that is the best time for all to attend (a total of 3 events) and strongly suggest they be attended by all. Outside of that 1 event for each there be no other requisite dates in the calendar. We can then add dates we may expect to play beyond that but it need not be required.
Or, another option is each month be focused only on one department with 2 events to attend.

{EE} Khta:
One other thought, though I'm not sure this is where to post it (perhaps in a staff mtg)...
I would like to know the purpose for the rule 'no other fleet memberships". Bofum and I have Klingon toons which cannot join the EE online fleet. We either need to create a Klingon faction for this fleet (which requires 5 peeps present in game to do) or we could join another already established fleet. Personally, one fleet is enough for the two of us to basically self sponsor. We have brought our fleet up to lvl 8 now virtually by ourselves, donating about 80% of all we earn. I simply do not wish to be responsible for growing yet another starbase. However, as a delta recruit, my toon has quite a bit of fleet marks and dilithium specifically sanctioned for fleet donations and nowhere to put them.

I believe this fleet has a personality disorder: it doesn't really have one purpose. From where I sit, it seems the website itself is what matters to Callum and Scott, STO is what matters to Bofum and I, and I am not sure what matters to the other directors. Bofum and I would both like to see more actual fleet involvement in STO since that is what we thought we were joining in the first place - an in game fleet. I think the last time someone played during one of my events was when Callum came on and that was what? 2 months ago? Once since the 24 hr event? and before that maybe one person since the new year?

The new ships (command and intelligence) both stack up when others of same kind are present. It would be cool if we could coordinate as a fleet to battle...

Khta

{EE} Callum Jackson:
I originally put the '1 Fleet Only' rule in place to prevent resource stealing by other members (not saying anyone here would do that).  The '1 Fleet Only' rule applies only to STO (and any other game we support where people could potentially steal our resources).  With an account bank, it's easy to take resources out of one fleet and put them into another.

We can talk about this more in the whole staff meeting, but, myself and the senior staff run Earth's Elite as a whole, so that incorporates AoS, RPG-X, STO..... right now, IRL I'm unavailable during normal hours (feel free to send complaint letters to the UK Government and the Department for Work & Pensions) as I'm currently having to attend what is known as daily signing (I have to go to my local job centre (not so local) and sign on every day.  Awkward hours and bad buses result in my entire day being taken up by this).  Therefore, when I do get online, most events are either done, or I have too much admin work to catch up on.  Being the lead developer for Servers and Website, I have quite a lot to do, plus the site is still not finished.  So, unfortunately I cannot attend many events that are within the normal hours, American timezones probably work best for me atm.

Directors SHOULD focus more on their own divisions as they should believe in them and like the game they're playing and organising fun and exciting events for each week, so you may find that getting directors to attend other divisions events will be rather hard, as they have/want to focus on their divisions game.

STO is only one of our games, so not everyone on the site will have/want to play it, however, as far as I'm aware, it is the most popular division.

When I'm able to I do attend other divisions events, as I feel it's a good way to have a relaxed conversation with members about EE, but I have to divide my time between the boring admin work that goes on behind the scenes, my own divisions events, and RL.

--- Quote from: {EE} Khta on May 26, 2015, 07:49:20 pm ---One other thought, though I'm not sure this is where to post it (perhaps in a staff mtg)...
I would like to know the purpose for the rule 'no other fleet memberships". Bofum and I have Klingon toons which cannot join the EE online fleet. We either need to create a Klingon faction for this fleet (which requires 5 peeps present in game to do) or we could join another already established fleet. Personally, one fleet is enough for the two of us to basically self sponsor. We have brought our fleet up to lvl 8 now virtually by ourselves, donating about 80% of all we earn. I simply do not wish to be responsible for growing yet another starbase. However, as a delta recruit, my toon has quite a bit of fleet marks and dilithium specifically sanctioned for fleet donations and nowhere to put them.

I believe this fleet has a personality disorder: it doesn't really have one purpose. From where I sit, it seems the website itself is what matters to Callum and Scott, STO is what matters to Bofum and I, and I am not sure what matters to the other directors. Bofum and I would both like to see more actual fleet involvement in STO since that is what we thought we were joining in the first place - an in game fleet. I think the last time someone played during one of my events was when Callum came on and that was what? 2 months ago? Once since the 24 hr event? and before that maybe one person since the new year?

The new ships (command and intelligence) both stack up when others of same kind are present. It would be cool if we could coordinate as a fleet to battle...

Khta

--- End quote ---

{BANNED} jamessolomon:
Radio - use it more often or axe it. It seems a waste to use it once or twice every few months seems like more could be done with it maybe using it to update players on things developments events for the month games ect

Everything else maybe randomise the calender that way its not so boring and as a member sometimes it is having them same day every week that gets boring plus the super early times for some games to suit US times means conversion UK players usually cannot attend due to maybe work or something maybe a set low and high time slot between which the games can be put into the time bracket. Usually with games the event specificed is never played take FSX the last few times iv played its been an event but then it dosnt happen maybe make it just FSX event rather than an actual event within the games.

More supported game servers or maybe clans for some unsupported games with someone in command of the casual games (unsuported ones) and be the clan leader for those such as a World of Tanks clan and you add to the calender like [CG] World of Tanks Clan event or something like that that way people might join in more. Maybe EE Clans and have clan night like we challenge say TLO to a game or something of something

Is there a way to add more account names such as the STO one we have already maybe for other unsuported games like Wot and the other free ones so we can find people on there or other supported game handles like FSX, Phantom ect

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version