EE 2.0 Logo

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Current Time:

View Unread Topics Since Your Last Visit

Important Announcements

Welcome To Earth's Elite.  We Hope You Enjoy Your Stay.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Ensign Archer/ Commander Angel/ Admiral Jackson EVA walk JP  (Read 32084 times)

{EE} Scott Archer

• Vice Admiral
  • Senior Staff
  • STO Character: Scott Archer@scottarcher97
  • Scott Archer
    • View Profile

USS Enterprise
Bridge
1626hrs
"Mr Archer, follow me," Will said, forestalling any response they didn't have time for. They arrived at the engineering panel aft of the bridge. "The docking ports here and here are damaged, and we can't reintegrate while they remain so. I need you out there fixing them. How many people do you need for this?"

The Commander was straight to the point. At least they had something in common! The man seemed to stumble over his name, he assumed it was because of his relation to his great, great, great, great grandfather Jonathan Archer and that man's relation to the Enterprise. Allot had changed in 6 generations. The family had since moved to Britain. He followed the man without hesitation to the back of the bridge.
"The docking ports here and here are damaged, and we can't reintegrate while they remain so. I need you out there fixing them. How many people do you need for this?"

How many people? An engineering team, possibly two but that simply wasn't practical. Every engineering hand was stretched trying to cover the extensive damage to the command section. He assumed reintegration was high on the Commander and the Admiral's list of things to do. He assumed they wanted to get Enterprise back to a starbase, well that's fine by me! Thought Archer. Unfortunately, neither task was high on Archer's list. He mentally sighed, these command types often hadn't a clue. His mind drifted through the endless possibilities. He couldn't pull out anyone from engineering. If those containment fields failed for even a second, even a millisecond then they would be dead. Power conduits were more important as well. There were only two spare officers he could think of, himself and the chief (who really should have been helping with repairs) who he'd sent to the airlock. Perhaps he could get the Commander to help? No he doubted it and he didn't want to negate the man to holding his tool kit or hanging onto his rope. He suddenly realised that it had been a long time since he said anything. He conceded. "two. I could do it with two people. I'll do the repairs and I already have someone down there to hold onto my safety line." What had he just said? Was the Commander going to believe him? Would he challenge Archer if he didn't. Archer half hoped he would and would somehow magic up the personnel he really needed. "Two." He confirmed, more to himself than the Commander...

TAG: Will

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 10:51:29 pm by {EE} Scott Archer »
Please create a forum signature by going to Profile > Modify Profile > Forum Profile.

{EE} William Angel

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Ensign Archer/ Commander Angel EVA walk JP
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 11:17:16 pm »

USS Enterprise
Bridge
1626 hrs

"Mr Archer, follow me," Will said, forestalling any response they didn't have time for. They arrived at the engineering panel aft of the bridge. "The docking ports here and here are damaged, and we can't reintegrate while they remain so. I need you out there fixing them. How many people do you need for this?"

The Commander was straight to the point. At least they had something in common! The man seemed to stumble over his name, he assumed it was because of his relation to his great, great, great, great grandfather Jonathan Archer and that man's relation to the Enterprise. Allot had changed in 6 generations. The family had since moved to Britain. He followed the man without hesitation to the back of the bridge.
"The docking ports here and here are damaged, and we can't reintegrate while they remain so. I need you out there fixing them. How many people do you need for this?"

How many people? An engineering team, possibly two but that simply wasn't practical. Every engineering hand was stretched trying to cover the extensive damage to the command section. He assumed reintegration was high on the Commander and the Admiral's list of things to do. He assumed they wanted to get Enterprise back to a starbase, well that's fine by me! Thought Archer. Unfortunately, neither task was high on Archer's list. He mentally sighed, these command types often hadn't a clue. His mind drifted through the endless possibilities. He couldn't pull out anyone from engineering. If those containment fields failed for even a second, even a millisecond then they would be dead. Power conduits were more important as well. There were only two spare officers he could think of, himself and the chief (who really should have been helping with repairs) who he'd sent to the airlock. Perhaps he could get the Commander to help? No he doubted it and he didn't want to negate the man to holding his tool kit or hanging onto his rope. He suddenly realised that it had been a long time since he said anything. He conceded. "two. I could do it with two people. I'll do the repairs and I already have someone down there to hold onto my safety line." What had he just said? Was the Commander going to believe him? Would he challenge Archer if he didn't. Archer half hoped he would and would somehow magic up the personnel he really needed. "Two." He confirmed, more to himself than the Commander...

Will studied the ensign for a moment. Then he sighed.
"Listen, kid," he said, quietly. "I'm half-Betazoid, so you're not fooling me. Besides, I got the damage reports from Engineering and I know it's bad down there. I know you'd rather be down there, but you have to trust your guys to do their jobs. But you also need to know I was once a newly-qualified ensign thrust into a department head's role earlier than I wanted to be. You're acting Chief Engineer now, so step up to the plate. Assign your people and fix those docking ports."

Will held the younger man's gaze a moment longer.

"Welcome aboard, Mr Archer. Sorry your introduction couldn't have been under more pleasant circumstances."

TAG: Scott

Please create a forum signature by going to Profile > Modify Profile > Forum Profile.

{EE} Callum Jackson

• Earth's Elite CEO (Founder)
  • Senior Staff
  • Steam Profile: Steam Profile Of callum603
  • STO Character: Callum Jackson@Calcium1
  • Beware the ban hammer!
    • View Profile
    • Earth's Elite's
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 12:33:30 am »

OOC: Feel free to kick me out of the JP, as there's not many of us atm, not really sure what to post.

USS Enterprise
Bridge
1626 hrs

Admiral Jackson was in the ready room forward starboard of Bridge, the ready room was three times larger than that of the Majesty's, the Admirals favorite ship.  He was sat awkwardly in the chair behind the desk "I miss this" he said aloud to himself as he tapped the computer terminal.
"Computer, display time until reintegration"
*Reintegration not possible, Command Section docking ports damaged* the computer reported
Callum brought up the schematics, studied them for a minute and closed them "Forty years on and I still don't know anything useful in the engineering side of things" Callum commented to himself as he stood up and went to exit the ready room.

"Listen, kid," he said, quietly. "I'm half-Betazoid, so you're not fooling me. Besides, I got the damage reports from Engineering and I know it's bad down there. I know you'd rather be down there, but you have to trust your guys to do their jobs. But you also need to know I was once a newly-qualified ensign thrust into a department head's role earlier than I wanted to be. You're acting Chief Engineer now, so step up to the plate. Assign your people and fix those docking ports."

"Welcome aboard, Mr Archer. Sorry your introduction couldn't have been under more pleasant circumstances."

Callum had stood listening to the conversation, luckily no officer had decided to announce his return to the Bridge, so slowly he made his way up to the two officers, still un-noticed he spoke "I have EVA training if I can be of any use?" he asked

TAG: Scott, Will

--
Callum Jackson
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Information Officer
Earth's Elite

Web: http://www.earthelite.co.uk
E-Mail: http://www.earthelite.co.uk/mailer.php?emid=11

That which does not kill me, has made a tactical error...

{EE} Scott Archer

• Vice Admiral
  • Senior Staff
  • Scott Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 01:29:25 am »

OOC: Feel free to kick me out of the JP, as there's not many of us atm, not really sure what to post.

USS Enterprise
Bridge
1626 hrs

Admiral Jackson was in the ready room forward starboard of Bridge, the ready room was three times larger than that of the Majesty's, the Admirals favorite ship.  He was sat awkwardly in the chair behind the desk "I miss this" he said aloud to himself as he tapped the computer terminal.
*Reintegration not possible, Command Section docking ports damaged* the computer reported
Callum brought up the schematics, studied them for a minute and closed them "Forty years on and I still don't know anything useful in the engineering side of things" Callum commented to himself as he stood up and went to exit the ready room.

Callum had stood listening to the conversation, luckily no officer had decided to announce his return to the Bridge, so slowly he made his way up to the two officers, still un-noticed he spoke "I have EVA training if I can be of any use?" he asked

TAG: Scott, Will
Archer turned on his heel to face the Admiral. If he didn't want the Commander holding his equipment case then he certainly didnt want the Admiral doing the same job. He mumbled before he managed to speak to the senior officer. "The Commander is right. There should be a full engineering detail out there but three of us will do. I'm not sure that Chief Second Class..." He trailed off, what was her name? He had probably never asked... Then it hit him. "Doyle has EVA training. She could run the saftey line from the air lock, you could attach it to the saftey port outside the airlock and then head over to the portside docking clamps. If you don't know." Archer stopped himself of course he knew! He could sense another protest coming from Commander Angel. "We can't afford anyone else. Not unless you want to lose shields, the deflector, the containment grid. He stopped sensing the other man was tired of his excuses. I can do it. He promised the Admiral turning to the man to his right. As erm." What had the man said? Acting Chief Engineer? He was a new ensign! There had to be other people! Better people! There wasn't. "As acting Chief Engineer I do decide maintenance teams do I not?" Half betazoid. Only he could wind up as Chief Engineer, trying to convince a half betazoid Commander not to blow the ship up. A sudden thought came to him. It wasn't a pleasant thought but it might just sway the Commander, and the Admiral.
2 years ago, he was on the level of pretty much being kicked out of the academy. He was told if he didn't convince the teachers he was up to the job of being an officer on this mission then he would be forced to leave the Academy and follow another career of become enlisted personnel. On the remote training station, something had gone wrong and an incoming meteorite had knocked the station out of orbit and sent it flying towards the star in the system. The small thrusters on the station couldn't disable the thrust from the meteorite and it had knocked out subspace communications as well. He was the only one brave enough to get out of the station and EVA the hull until he got the communications back up. He'd had to repair the docking clamps and modify them so they could take the strain of a runabout moving the station. Tractor beams had been useless because they were disrupted by the plasma coming from the star, that's how close it had been. He had been awarded multiple commendations for his efforts. He started to enjoy the academy from that point and had done well enough to be assigned to Enterprise. "I've done it before Commander. The Science Station at Fargo." Hopefully the reference was enough...

TAG: Will, Callum

{EE} William Angel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 12:02:13 pm »

USS Enterprise
Bridge
1626 hrs

Archer turned on his heel to face the Admiral. If he didn't want the Commander holding his equipment case then he certainly didnt want the Admiral doing the same job. He mumbled before he managed to speak to the senior officer. "The Commander is right. There should be a full engineering detail out there but three of us will do. I'm not sure that Chief Second Class..." He trailed off, what was her name? He had probably never asked... Then it hit him. "Doyle has EVA training. She could run the saftey line from the air lock, you could attach it to the saftey port outside the airlock and then head over to the portside docking clamps. If you don't know." Archer stopped himself of course he knew! He could sense another protest coming from Commander Angel. "We can't afford anyone else. Not unless you want to lose shields, the deflector, the containment grid. He stopped sensing the other man was tired of his excuses. I can do it. He promised the Admiral turning to the man to his right. As erm." What had the man said? Acting Chief Engineer? He was a new ensign! There had to be other people! Better people! There wasn't. "As acting Chief Engineer I do decide maintenance teams do I not?" Half betazoid. Only he could wind up as Chief Engineer, trying to convince a half betazoid Commander not to blow the ship up. A sudden thought came to him. It wasn't a pleasant thought but it might just sway the Commander, and the Admiral.
2 years ago, he was on the level of pretty much being kicked out of the academy. He was told if he didn't convince the teachers he was up to the job of being an officer on this mission then he would be forced to leave the Academy and follow another career of become enlisted personnel. On the remote training station, something had gone wrong and an incoming meteorite had knocked the station out of orbit and sent it flying towards the star in the system. The small thrusters on the station couldn't disable the thrust from the meteorite and it had knocked out subspace communications as well. He was the only one brave enough to get out of the station and EVA the hull until he got the communications back up. He'd had to repair the docking clamps and modify them so they could take the strain of a runabout moving the station. Tractor beams had been useless because they were disrupted by the plasma coming from the star, that's how close it had been. He had been awarded multiple commendations for his efforts. He started to enjoy the academy from that point and had done well enough to be assigned to Enterprise. "I've done it before Commander. The Science Station at Fargo." Hopefully the reference was enough...

Will frowned. He dredged the records up from memory, and realised that had been why Archer's name had stood out.
"That was you, huh? Well, I guess you're more than qualified to do this. Very well, Mr Archer, get your team together and get out there ASAP. Admiral, you're not seriously considering going out there yourself...?"

TAG: Callum, Scott

{EE} Callum Jackson

• Senior Staff
  • Beware the ban hammer!
    • View Profile
    • Earth's Elite's
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 07:42:05 pm »

USS Enterprise
Bridge
1626 hrs

Will frowned. He dredged the records up from memory, and realised that had been why Archer's name had stood out.
"That was you, huh? Well, I guess you're more than qualified to do this. Very well, Mr Archer, get your team together and get out there ASAP. Admiral, you're not seriously considering going out there yourself...?"

"Why not?" Callum replied "Do you not think I'm up to a little space walk Commander?" Callum continued "Airlock Three is closest" Callum said "Yeoman, please could you have my EVA equipment sent to airlock three".

Callum accessed the engineering console and inputted his command code "Computer, deactivate external hull armour surrounding the MVAM docking ports".  The engineering console now showed the now vulnerable areas in grey.

TAG: Will, Scott

--
Callum Jackson
Chief Executive Officer
Earth's Elite

{EE} William Angel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 08:25:07 pm »

USS Enterprise
Bridge
1626 hrs

"Why not?" Callum replied "Do you not think I'm up to a little space walk Commander?" Callum continued "Airlock Three is closest" Callum said "Yeoman, please could you have my EVA equipment sent to airlock three".

Callum accessed the engineering console and inputted his command code "Computer, deactivate external hull armour surrounding the MVAM docking ports".  The engineering console now showed the now vulnerable areas in grey.

Will threw his hands up in the air in a decidedly non-regulation manner. He knew better than to try arguing with his old friend, even if he hadn't outranked him.
"I'll log my usual protest, then, shall I, sir?" he asked, rhetorically. This was a hangover from the old days on the Majesty, when they were both younger men. Age clearly hadn't mellowed Callum. And I'm becoming quite cantankerous in my old age, he thought.
"Fine. I'll be monitoring you from here. Mr Archer, you and the admiral may be on opposite ends of Starfleet's pay scale, but this is your show. Take charge. He's helping you, not the other way round, ok? Good luck to you both."

{EE} Scott Archer

• Vice Admiral
  • Senior Staff
  • Scott Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 01:33:41 am »

USS Enterprise
Bridge
1626 hrs

Will threw his hands up in the air in a decidedly non-regulation manner. He knew better than to try arguing with his old friend, even if he hadn't outranked him.
"I'll log my usual protest, then, shall I, sir?" he asked, rhetorically. This was a hangover from the old days on the Majesty, when they were both younger men. Age clearly hadn't mellowed Callum. And I'm becoming quite cantankerous in my old age, he thought.
"Fine. I'll be monitoring you from here. Mr Archer, you and the admiral may be on opposite ends of Starfleet's pay scale, but this is your show. Take charge. He's helping you, not the other way round, ok? Good luck to you both."

OOC: end of part 1

{EE} Scott Archer

• Vice Admiral
  • Senior Staff
  • Scott Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 01:34:54 am »

Finally he could get on and do his job, he turned to the Admiral. "Thank you for the offer sir. If you still want to then come to airlock 3 in 10 minutes. Chief Doyle will help you get suited up. I might already be out by then." Foreseeing a protest from the Commander, Archer turned away and disappeared into the turbo-lift. "Deck 12, airlock 3." The maglock car rushed down the twelve decks. It had barely taken a second for the lift to reach it's destination. 'This is not Fargo, this is not Fargo.' he continually repeated in his mind. There were no large unstable stars 30km away this time, he didn't have to worry about moving a single micron out of a shadow this time. He arrived at the airlock after a relatively short trip down the corridor and turning to his left. There was a gleaming white EVA suit stood against the wall. Chief Doyle was stood there, she was just putting her tricorder away after scanning the suit to make sure it in good enough condition to be used. "I thought you weren't coming?" She said cheekily, he'd known her long enough for a friendship, not that I'm a very good friend if I can't even remember her name half the time! He didn't have time for those sorts of thoughts. Commander Hargroves word's after the meteorite had hit Fargo rang though his head. "Cadet! You wouldn't know how to fix a subspace transmitter if the instructions for how to do so slapped you in the face! We do not need a man like you." With a little help from a fellow cadet and Lieutenant Williams he had fixed the transmitter and proven Hargroves wrong. Stop thinking about Fargo! He yelled at himself mentally. This is different, you know what you're doing. Your Acting Chief Engineer. Pull yourself together. "It took some time to convince the Commander that just two of us can do this." The Chief looked at him shocked. "We can't do this with two of us!" Archer smiled mischievously, "that's why the Admiral is helping. He'll be along in a few minutes, ready to suit me up?" As the Chief fitted the EVA suit on around him those words kept reverberating around in his skull. He wanted to scream, he wanted to run, the only thing he didn't want to do was go out there and face the stars. 'Fear is just an emotion, it's how you react that is of consequence.' The words of his third year Vulcan room mate replaced those of the Commander in his mind. I'm scared but my ship needs me. I need to react like a mature adult Starfleet, Acting Chief Engineer not a scared science cadet. He walked into the first chamber, the door closed behind him. No sign of the Admiral yet. Had he chickened out? "See ya Doyle." he commented over the communications channel. She gave him a thumbs up signal before opening the second door. He stepped out into space. Onto the small ledge in front the second door. "I'm out." The second door closed behind him. He stood rooted, images of Fargo running around in his mind. He remembered the feeling now, not that of a scared cadet or the victim of suspicious superior officers. (OCC: Referring to Hargroves there, not you two.)
IC: The feeling of being at one with the stars. Looking on a view screen or out a viewport was one thing but with a thin sheet of transparent aluminium, all that stood between him and the universe, the awe was unimaginable. The sight again brought about the memories of the happier parts of the Fargo mission. If it wasn't for Fargo he wouldn't be stood here right now. The nightmare turned into his best dream- serving on the Enterprise and now his actions would determine how could a chief engineer he was... He turned to his left and reached for a ladder. He connected his safety line to a port on the bottom of this. He gave it a tug, it was secure. He grabbed the bottom rung and slowly pulled himself up the ladder step by step. It took three minutes for him to reach the top. He assumed the Admiral would be out by now. Eventually he reached the top and walked along the flat parts of Enterprise's hull.
He was about twenty metres from his target when his fear came back, the fear of burning. Not from a star this, time but from a large armed Xindi party on the hull. They hadn't spotted him yet. He quietly sank to his knees and moved down the sloped hull. He moved down and then across towards the Xindi. There was a large bulkhead here that he could use for cover.
He didn't have any weapons. There was nothing his engineering kit could do for him here. He silently placed it on the hull and secured it with a magnetic clamp. A message coming through from the chief started to sound on his communications system. It startled him and scared him half to death! He quickly taped the button on his arm that disengaged communications. If the Xindi heard anything then he would die. What could he do? The best option seemed to be to get out of range of the Xindi and make a distress signal. He was just about to turn and do that when it hit him. He could use the ship itself and the deactivated hull armour as a weapon. He didn't have much time.

Using his tricorder, he worked out that all the Xindi on the other side of the bulkhead were on one piece of hull plating. This plating was connected to the ship's super-structure by two magnetic servo locks on either side. There was no way he could reach the starboard servo but he was right next to the left. He gently pulled the cover up from the console and laid it against the bulkhead, hopefully the ship's gravity was enough to hold it there but if he lost it then there was no big issue. He flicked on the pressure sensitive controls. A few motions of his hand along the plate was enough to trick the computer into thinking the starboard servo was malfunctioning and transfer all control to the port side. Bingo! He thought, he pulled out an isolinear board and swapped it's place with another. He typed in a series of commands before repeating this process with different isolinear chips. It had been what, five or ten minutes since he'd seen the Xindi. He had to hurry. Someone might come looking for him after they lost contact, probably the Admiral and they would probably be shot by the Xindi. Could he remember the final sequence? He pulled out chip 12 and replaced it with chip 17. He moved chip 30 where 17 had been. Finally he placed 12 in chip 30's slot. The console flickered as he typed in the final transfer codes. 11A2BGF16. The panel he'd been typing into was replaced with the words, 'manual control active', he smiled to himself and almost cheered before he remembered why he was doing what he was doing.

17 minutes out on the hull and no progress with the docking clamps! He wondered what kind of panic was going on throughout the communications system. Did they think he was dead? Doubtfully. His transponder was still online and working perfectly. A circular panel next to the chips slid open revealing a handle set into the deck. Scott pulled out the handle as far as it would go and twisted it clockwise before he pushed the handle back down into the deck. The manual control active message was replaced with a new one in red lettering. 'Warning. Adjacent hull plate unsecured.' Ignoring the message, Archer thumbed the console off before the computer started setting off alarms. Now for the tricky bit.
He reached for his engineering kit and removed an external power pack module. He used his tricorder to find his target. An autonomous auxiliary access port! He removed a few pieces of covering from the deck. He found the port, it was exactly where his tricorder said it would be. He plugged the pack into the port, triggered it's remote subroutines and replaced some of the covering. In the part he left exposed he reached in and pulled a red level labelled diode cut off valve. He yanked the lever across. He laid the final covering back down. He retrieved his padd from the engineering case and fitted it to the deck just over where he'd left the power pack. The Xindi had chosen the wrong place to board the ship. Right over an EPS conduit. Just as he was about to activate the pack his conscious caught up with him. What if there were Starfleet officer's down there? What if he killed someone or hurt them? Would he cope knowing he'd done something like that? Would it matter? Logically the needs of the many outweighed the needs of the few. What a senseless phrase, it was logical but it certainly wasn't always moral. More people would benefit from the Xindi's death then would be hindered because of it. He needed to make sure he convinced himself. Instead of setting the EPS conduit to blow up, he would rig it to create a high pitched squeal for five seconds first. That should be enough to move anyone below him and the conduit out of the way. Besides he thought, I might not live to find out... He set the correct protocols on the padd, he was about to transmit to the power pack when a voice came. "Step away from the console. What do you think you're doing?" Archer turned away to turn to the Xindi reptilian who had found him, he was at the receiving end of a plasma rifle... The situation was remarkably similar to what Jonathan Archer had faced. He was about to blow up some Xindi and one came and found him just before he managed his task...
He raised his hands. The same fears as Fargo running in his mind, except this time the shadow of a station couldn't save him. The burning hot plasma beam would kill him, quickly or make him wallow in a world of pain as the oxygen drained from his suit. What could he do? A thought came to him. Padds couldn't usually be used by gloves... or boots, but this one was specially designed for that purpose. Maybe if he stamped on it hard enough then it would still work? Only one way to find out... His capturer was still on the edge of the loose plate. He stepped backwards with his right foot, using it to find the padd. The Xindi thought he was just backing away and smiled devilishly. "Well I need an answer to my question?" He lifted his left boot from the floor and stepped back. He stamped down as hard as he could. It worked! A high pitched squeal rose up in the deck and it screamed deafeningly. "Sending you to hell!" He yelled at the Xindi in response to the Reptilian's question over the hight pitched scream. Boom! The EPS relay exploded. Archer was sent flying over on his right side. He managed to grab hold of the deck. His plan worked! By some miracle it worked! The deck plate with all the Xindi on it had been thrown off the ship. After a few seconds Enterprise had scanned the plate, discovered what was on it and vaporised it with a phaser beam. He tried to bring the suit's comm system back online. *"Warning communications damaged."* It wasn't the only dire news he had. *"Warning, oxygen supply leak. Oxygen for 7 minutes left."* He still had a job to do... He crawled along the deck until he reached the first damaged docking latch, latch 4. The main issue he could see here was that it was being jammed by a damaged component. Archer kicked it. It didn't budge. He kicked it again. Still nothing. Activating the magboots on the leg he had bee using to kick, he attached his boot to the component and pushed. The component broke free in an array of sparks and fell into space. It was an important part but only in the separation sequence. They could reintegrate without it. The clamp still wasn't working. He pulled the cover off the control mechanism consoles and placed it down on the deck, it floated off but not fast enough for him not to catch it when he needed it back. He examined the flickering console. He had shot himself in the foot. As he thought about method to fix the issue he corrected himself. He had shot himself in the foot twice.
The EPS conduit had been the one that fed this port, the one had just blown. The only way that was immediately obvious of rectifying the power shortage was to use a power pack, which he had also just blown up! He thought quickly. He pulled the tricorder from his engineering kit (which he had moved with him) and smashed it against the hull. It cracked slightly he repeated this action again. *"Warning. Oxygen depletion in five minutes."* Could he do this in five minutes? He doubted it. It wasn't a matter of could, it was a matter of must. He just needed the tricorder to break. He flung the scanning device down against the deck again. The back splintered. Just what he needed. He ripped out the small black power pack that was running the device. He removed a smaller magnetic clamp and attached it next to the console. Shoving his fingers in the now empty gap, he managed to crack the casing further. It was hard in the suits gloves, especially with the ever present fear that he might breach them and lose oxygen even more quickly!" Finally the case split in two and he could reach the small wires he desperately needed. He pulled out as many as he could and coiled them together. They would be lose connections but it would have to do. He tightly coiled the ends of the wires to form an even tighter bunch. He shoved that end in the tricorder's power pack. He made the other end of the wires more spread out so he could shove it in the external power port on the console. By some miracle it worked and the console worked. He readied the clamp for docking. He got it half way through the cycle, the force of the escort section docking should force the clamp into position. *"Warning two minutes before oxygen depletion."* He rushed across the deck to clamp 14. Half the thing was missing! Two minutes. He focused his mind. You can do it, so let's get on with it!" The panel cover from port 4 was floating a couple of metre's away from him. He grabbed it and pulled it over. He'd left his engineering kit over at port 4! He rushed over. He didn't have time to move the whole kit. He grabbed his laser saw and returned to port 14. He was going to die. He wondered how he'd be remembered. No, he couldn't think like that! I am going to die, but not today and not here. The missing half of this clamp should be virtually symmetrical with what was left. He activated the saw and cut. It took him a minute and a half. His last thirty seconds was spent using the saw to weld the piece in place. *"Warning oxygen depletion imminent."* The human brain can survive three minutes without oxygen, he wasn't sure where he'd pulled the fact from or if it was even a fact. With his last breaths he re-activated the clamp and it retreated into the hull. At least something hadn't been effected by him blowing that EPS conduit up! His brain was screaming for oxygen. There was no way he could make it back to the air lock. Maybe he had saved himself yet again by blowing out the EPS conduit. He had a large amount of lactic acid build up in all his muscles. Every step, every heartbeat was pure solid pain. His throat closed in on itself, he wanted to scream but it was a physical impossibility. He was going to have a heart attack and then he was going to suffocate... He stumbled past the point where he had first seen the Xindi. He had left his tool case, oh well there was no time. After a minute that seemed like hours he reached his destination, had the detonation been big enough to cause a hull breach? He peered over the edge of the small crater. Thankfully it had! Unfortunately containment fields were back up. As his hope drained away he fell forwards and landed on the field. It wasn't that strong and he fell straight through it. He caught on the edge of the deck as he fell. He stared into the eyes of a wide eyed Lieutenant. He looked more like a bolian than a human now, the colour his skin had gone. He couldn't think anymore. He fell, he fell down into the pits of hell...
Suddenly he stopped. He vaguely noticed that the containment field around the breach was back up and that the force field locking it off from the corridor was down. With some effort and no help what so ever from Archer the Lieutenant managed to pull the man into the corridor. Archer felt the bump as he fell against the deck. He thought he was dead. But did people didn't feel themselves being pulled onto decks. With the no strength he had left and pulled his helmet off and took long deep breaths of the air around him. It stank and tasted of burnt out consoles and other fire damage but to Archer it was sweeter than any air he had ever tasted before. Black dots swam across his eyes but he was alive, he had somehow survived two minutes and seven seconds without air. He almost laughed in the joy of being alive but his body wouldn't allow him to expel any precious air. He had to report! He had to get to the bridge. With tiny amounts of his strength restored his moved his flat palm up to his mouth and then pointed it towards the Lieutenant to say thank you or not. He had no idea wether she under stood him. He half crawled half limped into the nearest turbolift. Bracing himself he against the turbo-lift wall he used the console on the lift wall to travel to the bridge...

OCC: Callum, feel free to talk about your EVA experiences simultaneous to this. Sorry I haven't posted much today. My wifi can't seem to find the website's server but my phone can on 3G. Any ideas? (It's worked before.)

TAG: Callum, Will   

{EE} William Angel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 02:51:26 am »

USS Enterprise
Exterior
1630 hrs

Finally he could get on and do his job, he turned to the Admiral. "Thank you for the offer sir. If you still want to then come to airlock 3 in 10 minutes. Chief Doyle will help you get suited up. I might already be out by then." Foreseeing a protest from the Commander, Archer turned away and disappeared into the turbo-lift. "Deck 12, airlock 3." The maglock car rushed down the twelve decks. It had barely taken a second for the lift to reach it's destination. 'This is not Fargo, this is not Fargo.' he continually repeated in his mind. There were no large unstable stars 30km away this time, he didn't have to worry about moving a single micron out of a shadow this time. He arrived at the airlock after a relatively short trip down the corridor and turning to his left. There was a gleaming white EVA suit stood against the wall. Chief Doyle was stood there, she was just putting her tricorder away after scanning the suit to make sure it in good enough condition to be used. "I thought you weren't coming?" She said cheekily, he'd known her long enough for a friendship, not that I'm a very good friend if I can't even remember her name half the time! He didn't have time for those sorts of thoughts. Commander Hargroves word's after the meteorite had hit Fargo rang though his head. "Cadet! You wouldn't know how to fix a subspace transmitter if the instructions for how to do so slapped you in the face! We do not need a man like you." With a little help from a fellow cadet and Lieutenant Williams he had fixed the transmitter and proven Hargroves wrong. Stop thinking about Fargo! He yelled at himself mentally. This is different, you know what you're doing. Your Acting Chief Engineer. Pull yourself together. "It took some time to convince the Commander that just two of us can do this." The Chief looked at him shocked. "We can't do this with two of us!" Archer smiled mischievously, "that's why the Admiral is helping. He'll be along in a few minutes, ready to suit me up?" As the Chief fitted the EVA suit on around him those words kept reverberating around in his skull. He wanted to scream, he wanted to run, the only thing he didn't want to do was go out there and face the stars. 'Fear is just an emotion, it's how you react that is of consequence.' The words of his third year Vulcan room mate replaced those of the Commander in his mind. I'm scared but my ship needs me. I need to react like a mature adult Starfleet, Acting Chief Engineer not a scared science cadet. He walked into the first chamber, the door closed behind him. No sign of the Admiral yet. Had he chickened out? "See ya Doyle." he commented over the communications channel. She gave him a thumbs up signal before opening the second door. He stepped out into space. Onto the small ledge in front the second door. "I'm out." The second door closed behind him. He stood rooted, images of Fargo running around in his mind. He remembered the feeling now, not that of a scared cadet or the victim of suspicious superior officers.
The feeling of being at one with the stars. Looking on a view screen or out a viewport was one thing but with a thin sheet of transparent aluminium, all that stood between him and the universe, the awe was unimaginable. The sight again brought about the memories of the happier parts of the Fargo mission. If it wasn't for Fargo he wouldn't be stood here right now. The nightmare turned into his best dream- serving on the Enterprise and now his actions would determine how could a chief engineer he was... He turned to his left and reached for a ladder. He connected his safety line to a port on the bottom of this. He gave it a tug, it was secure. He grabbed the bottom rung and slowly pulled himself up the ladder step by step. It took three minutes for him to reach the top. He assumed the Admiral would be out by now. Eventually he reached the top and walked along the flat parts of Enterprise's hull.
He was about twenty metres from his target when his fear came back, the fear of burning. Not from a star this, time but from a large armed Xindi party on the hull. They hadn't spotted him yet. He quietly sank to his knees and moved down the sloped hull. He moved down and then across towards the Xindi. There was a large bulkhead here that he could use for cover.
He didn't have any weapons. There was nothing his engineering kit could do for him here. He silently placed it on the hull and secured it with a magnetic clamp. A message coming through from the chief started to sound on his communications system. It startled him and scared him half to death! He quickly taped the button on his arm that disengaged communications. If the Xindi heard anything then he would die. What could he do? The best option seemed to be to get out of range of the Xindi and make a distress signal. He was just about to turn and do that when it hit him. He could use the ship itself and the deactivated hull armour as a weapon. He didn't have much time.

Bridge

Will was aware of the emotional turmoil, the doubt and fear coursing through Archer's mind, although he didn't know the particulars. But when Archer's communication line went dead, he whipped his head round to the science station.
"Is he still alive? Is he moving?"
"Yes, sir," the science officer replied. "His readouts are raised, but he's otherwise ok."
"Fine. Keep monitoring him."

Exterior

Using his tricorder, he worked out that all the Xindi on the other side of the bulkhead were on one piece of hull plating. This plating was connected to the ship's super-structure by two magnetic servo locks on either side. There was no way he could reach the starboard servo but he was right next to the left. He gently pulled the cover up from the console and laid it against the bulkhead, hopefully the ship's gravity was enough to hold it there but if he lost it then there was no big issue. He flicked on the pressure sensitive controls. A few motions of his hand along the plate was enough to trick the computer into thinking the starboard servo was malfunctioning and transfer all control to the port side. Bingo! He thought, he pulled out an isolinear board and swapped it's place with another. He typed in a series of commands before repeating this process with different isolinear chips. It had been what, five or ten minutes since he'd seen the Xindi. He had to hurry. Someone might come looking for him after they lost contact, probably the Admiral and they would probably be shot by the Xindi. Could he remember the final sequence? He pulled out chip 12 and replaced it with chip 17. He moved chip 30 where 17 had been. Finally he placed 12 in chip 30's slot. The console flickered as he typed in the final transfer codes. 11A2BGF16. The panel he'd been typing into was replaced with the words, 'manual control active', he smiled to himself and almost cheered before he remembered why he was doing what he was doing.

17 minutes out on the hull and no progress with the docking clamps! He wondered what kind of panic was going on throughout the communications system. Did they think he was dead? Doubtfully. His transponder was still online and working perfectly. A circular panel next to the chips slid open revealing a handle set into the deck. Scott pulled out the handle as far as it would go and twisted it clockwise before he pushed the handle back down into the deck. The manual control active message was replaced with a new one in red lettering. 'Warning. Adjacent hull plate unsecured.' Ignoring the message, Archer thumbed the console off before the computer started setting off alarms. Now for the tricky bit.
He reached for his engineering kit and removed an external power pack module. He used his tricorder to find his target. An autonomous auxiliary access port! He removed a few pieces of covering from the deck. He found the port, it was exactly where his tricorder said it would be. He plugged the pack into the port, triggered it's remote subroutines and replaced some of the covering. In the part he left exposed he reached in and pulled a red level labelled diode cut off valve. He yanked the lever across. He laid the final covering back down. He retrieved his padd from the engineering case and fitted it to the deck just over where he'd left the power pack. The Xindi had chosen the wrong place to board the ship. Right over an EPS conduit. Just as he was about to activate the pack his conscious caught up with him. What if there were Starfleet officer's down there? What if he killed someone or hurt them? Would he cope knowing he'd done something like that? Would it matter? Logically the needs of the many outweighed the needs of the few. What a senseless phrase, it was logical but it certainly wasn't always moral. More people would benefit from the Xindi's death then would be hindered because of it. He needed to make sure he convinced himself. Instead of setting the EPS conduit to blow up, he would rig it to create a high pitched squeal for five seconds first. That should be enough to move anyone below him and the conduit out of the way. Besides he thought, I might not live to find out... He set the correct protocols on the padd, he was about to transmit to the power pack when a voice came. "Step away from the console. What do you think you're doing?" Archer turned away to turn to the Xindi reptilian who had found him, he was at the receiving end of a plasma rifle... The situation was remarkably similar to what Jonathan Archer had faced. He was about to blow up some Xindi and one came and found him just before he managed his task...
He raised his hands. The same fears as Fargo running in his mind, except this time the shadow of a station couldn't save him. The burning hot plasma beam would kill him, quickly or make him wallow in a world of pain as the oxygen drained from his suit. What could he do? A thought came to him. Padds couldn't usually be used by gloves... or boots, but this one was specially designed for that purpose. Maybe if he stamped on it hard enough then it would still work? Only one way to find out... His capturer was still on the edge of the loose plate. He stepped backwards with his right foot, using it to find the padd. The Xindi thought he was just backing away and smiled devilishly. "Well I need an answer to my question?" He lifted his left boot from the floor and stepped back. He stamped down as hard as he could. It worked! A high pitched squeal rose up in the deck and it screamed deafeningly. "Sending you to hell!" He yelled at the Xindi in response to the Reptilian's question over the hight pitched scream. Boom! The EPS relay exploded. Archer was sent flying over on his right side. He managed to grab hold of the deck. His plan worked! By some miracle it worked! The deck plate with all the Xindi on it had been thrown off the ship.

Bridge
1647 Hours

"Commander, sensors are detecting a piece of hull plating becoming detached," the ensign at Security announced. "There's someone on it."
Will turned to look at him.
"Archer?" he asked.
"No, sir... it's... Xindi!"
Will stared at him. There were Xindi on the outer hull!
"Vapourise it. And scan for others. Make sure Archer and his team are alive."
"Aye, sir."

Exterior

After a few seconds Enterprise had scanned the plate, discovered what was on it and vaporised it with a phaser beam. He tried to bring the suit's comm system back online. *"Warning communications damaged."* It wasn't the only dire news he had. *"Warning, oxygen supply leak. Oxygen for 7 minutes left."* He still had a job to do... He crawled along the deck until he reached the first damaged docking latch, latch 4. The main issue he could see here was that it was being jammed by a damaged component. Archer kicked it. It didn't budge. He kicked it again. Still nothing. Activating the magboots on the leg he had bee using to kick, he attached his boot to the component and pushed. The component broke free in an array of sparks and fell into space. It was an important part but only in the separation sequence. They could reintegrate without it. The clamp still wasn't working. He pulled the cover off the control mechanism consoles and placed it down on the deck, it floated off but not fast enough for him not to catch it when he needed it back. He examined the flickering console. He had shot himself in the foot. As he thought about method to fix the issue he corrected himself. He had shot himself in the foot twice.
The EPS conduit had been the one that fed this port, the one had just blown. The only way that was immediately obvious of rectifying the power shortage was to use a power pack, which he had also just blown up! He thought quickly. He pulled the tricorder from his engineering kit (which he had moved with him) and smashed it against the hull. It cracked slightly he repeated this action again. *"Warning. Oxygen depletion in five minutes."* Could he do this in five minutes? He doubted it. It wasn't a matter of could, it was a matter of must. He just needed the tricorder to break. He flung the scanning device down against the deck again. The back splintered. Just what he needed. He ripped out the small black power pack that was running the device. He removed a smaller magnetic clamp and attached it next to the console. Shoving his fingers in the now empty gap, he managed to crack the casing further. It was hard in the suits gloves, especially with the ever present fear that he might breach them and lose oxygen even more quickly!" Finally the case split in two and he could reach the small wires he desperately needed. He pulled out as many as he could and coiled them together. They would be lose connections but it would have to do. He tightly coiled the ends of the wires to form an even tighter bunch. He shoved that end in the tricorder's power pack. He made the other end of the wires more spread out so he could shove it in the external power port on the console. By some miracle it worked and the console worked. He readied the clamp for docking. He got it half way through the cycle, the force of the escort section docking should force the clamp into position. *"Warning two minutes before oxygen depletion."* He rushed across the deck to clamp 14. Half the thing was missing! Two minutes. He focused his mind. You can do it, so let's get on with it!" The panel cover from port 4 was floating a couple of metre's away from him. He grabbed it and pulled it over. He'd left his engineering kit over at port 4! He rushed over. He didn't have time to move the whole kit. He grabbed his laser saw and returned to port 14. He was going to die. He wondered how he'd be remembered. No, he couldn't think like that! I am going to die, but not today and not here. The missing half of this clamp should be virtually symmetrical with what was left. He activated the saw and cut. It took him a minute and a half. His last thirty seconds was spent using the saw to weld the piece in place. *"Warning oxygen depletion imminent."* The human brain can survive three minutes without oxygen, he wasn't sure where he'd pulled the fact from or if it was even a fact. With his last breaths he re-activated the clamp and it retreated into the hull. At least something hadn't been effected by him blowing that EPS conduit up! His brain was screaming for oxygen. There was no way he could make it back to the air lock. Maybe he had saved himself yet again by blowing out the EPS conduit. He had a large amount of lactic acid build up in all his muscles. Every step, every heartbeat was pure solid pain. His throat closed in on itself, he wanted to scream but it was a physical impossibility. He was going to have a heart attack and then he was going to suffocate... He stumbled past the point where he had first seen the Xindi. He had left his tool case, oh well there was no time. After a minute that seemed like hours he reached his destination, had the detonation been big enough to cause a hull breach? He peered over the edge of the small crater. Thankfully it had! Unfortunately containment fields were back up. As his hope drained away he fell forwards and landed on the field. It wasn't that strong and he fell straight through it. He caught on the edge of the deck as he fell. He stared into the eyes of a wide eyed Lieutenant. He looked more like a bolian than a human now, the colour his skin had gone. He couldn't think anymore. He fell, he fell down into the pits of hell...
Suddenly he stopped. He vaguely noticed that the containment field around the breach was back up and that the force field locking it off from the corridor was down. With some effort and no help what so ever from Archer the Lieutenant managed to pull the man into the corridor. Archer felt the bump as he fell against the deck. He thought he was dead. But did people didn't feel themselves being pulled onto decks. With the no strength he had left and pulled his helmet off and took long deep breaths of the air around him. It stank and tasted of burnt out consoles and other fire damage but to Archer it was sweeter than any air he had ever tasted before. Black dots swam across his eyes but he was alive, he had somehow survived two minutes and seven seconds without air. He almost laughed in the joy of being alive but his body wouldn't allow him to expel any precious air. He had to report! He had to get to the bridge. With tiny amounts of his strength restored his moved his flat palm up to his mouth and then pointed it towards the Lieutenant to say thank you or not. He had no idea wether she under stood him. He half crawled half limped into the nearest turbolift. Bracing himself he against the turbo-lift wall he used the console on the lift wall to travel to the bridge...

Bridge

"Sir, all personnel are back on board," the security officer reported.
"Thank you, Ensign," Will said. Reverse the polarity of the magnetic field on the outer hull."
"Reversing polarity, aye, sir."
Will watched with some measure of satisfaction as the entire contingent of Xindi was repulsed from the ship's surface. He felt their fear and anger, but closed his mind to it.
"Good work. Where's Archer?"
"Um... he's on his way to the bridge, sir."
Will turned to look at the turbolift just at the moment it opened to reveal the exhausted-looking officer propped against the wall for balance.
"Mr Archer," he called out. "You should understand I currently hold the Starfleet record for the most occasions exposed to vacuum without an oxygen supply. If you're trying to match me, you have a long way to go. Report, please. In your own time. Catch your breath."

OCC: Callum, feel free to talk about your EVA experiences simultaneous to this. Sorry I haven't posted much today. My wifi can't seem to find the website's server but my phone can on 3G. Any ideas? (It's worked before.)

{EE} Scott Archer

• Vice Admiral
  • Senior Staff
  • Scott Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 01:07:54 pm »

USS Enterprise
Exterior
1630 hrs

Finally he could get on and do his job, he turned to the Admiral. "Thank you for the offer sir. If you still want to then come to airlock 3 in 10 minutes. Chief Doyle will help you get suited up. I might already be out by then." Foreseeing a protest from the Commander, Archer turned away and disappeared into the turbo-lift. "Deck 12, airlock 3." The maglock car rushed down the twelve decks. It had barely taken a second for the lift to reach it's destination. 'This is not Fargo, this is not Fargo.' he continually repeated in his mind. There were no large unstable stars 30km away this time, he didn't have to worry about moving a single micron out of a shadow this time. He arrived at the airlock after a relatively short trip down the corridor and turning to his left. There was a gleaming white EVA suit stood against the wall. Chief Doyle was stood there, she was just putting her tricorder away after scanning the suit to make sure it in good enough condition to be used. "I thought you weren't coming?" She said cheekily, he'd known her long enough for a friendship, not that I'm a very good friend if I can't even remember her name half the time! He didn't have time for those sorts of thoughts. Commander Hargroves word's after the meteorite had hit Fargo rang though his head. "Cadet! You wouldn't know how to fix a subspace transmitter if the instructions for how to do so slapped you in the face! We do not need a man like you." With a little help from a fellow cadet and Lieutenant Williams he had fixed the transmitter and proven Hargroves wrong. Stop thinking about Fargo! He yelled at himself mentally. This is different, you know what you're doing. Your Acting Chief Engineer. Pull yourself together. "It took some time to convince the Commander that just two of us can do this." The Chief looked at him shocked. "We can't do this with two of us!" Archer smiled mischievously, "that's why the Admiral is helping. He'll be along in a few minutes, ready to suit me up?" As the Chief fitted the EVA suit on around him those words kept reverberating around in his skull. He wanted to scream, he wanted to run, the only thing he didn't want to do was go out there and face the stars. 'Fear is just an emotion, it's how you react that is of consequence.' The words of his third year Vulcan room mate replaced those of the Commander in his mind. I'm scared but my ship needs me. I need to react like a mature adult Starfleet, Acting Chief Engineer not a scared science cadet. He walked into the first chamber, the door closed behind him. No sign of the Admiral yet. Had he chickened out? "See ya Doyle." he commented over the communications channel. She gave him a thumbs up signal before opening the second door. He stepped out into space. Onto the small ledge in front the second door. "I'm out." The second door closed behind him. He stood rooted, images of Fargo running around in his mind. He remembered the feeling now, not that of a scared cadet or the victim of suspicious superior officers.
The feeling of being at one with the stars. Looking on a view screen or out a viewport was one thing but with a thin sheet of transparent aluminium, all that stood between him and the universe, the awe was unimaginable. The sight again brought about the memories of the happier parts of the Fargo mission. If it wasn't for Fargo he wouldn't be stood here right now. The nightmare turned into his best dream- serving on the Enterprise and now his actions would determine how could a chief engineer he was... He turned to his left and reached for a ladder. He connected his safety line to a port on the bottom of this. He gave it a tug, it was secure. He grabbed the bottom rung and slowly pulled himself up the ladder step by step. It took three minutes for him to reach the top. He assumed the Admiral would be out by now. Eventually he reached the top and walked along the flat parts of Enterprise's hull.

Bridge

Will was aware of the emotional turmoil, the doubt and fear coursing through Archer's mind, although he didn't know the particulars. But when Archer's communication line went dead, he whipped his head round to the science station.
"Is he still alive? Is he moving?"
"Yes, sir," the science officer replied. "His readouts are raised, but he's otherwise ok."
"Fine. Keep monitoring him."

Exterior

He raised his hands. The same fears as Fargo running in his mind, except this time the shadow of a station couldn't save him. The burning hot plasma beam would kill him, quickly or make him wallow in a world of pain as the oxygen drained from his suit. What could he do? A thought came to him. Padds couldn't usually be used by gloves... or boots, but this one was specially designed for that purpose. Maybe if he stamped on it hard enough then it would still work? Only one way to find out... His capturer was still on the edge of the loose plate. He stepped backwards with his right foot, using it to find the padd. The Xindi thought he was just backing away and smiled devilishly. "Well I need an answer to my question?" He lifted his left boot from the floor and stepped back. He stamped down as hard as he could. It worked! A high pitched squeal rose up in the deck and it screamed deafeningly. "Sending you to hell!" He yelled at the Xindi in response to the Reptilian's question over the hight pitched scream. Boom! The EPS relay exploded. Archer was sent flying over on his right side. He managed to grab hold of the deck. His plan worked! By some miracle it worked! The deck plate with all the Xindi on it had been thrown off the ship.

Bridge
1647 Hours

"Commander, sensors are detecting a piece of hull plating becoming detached," the ensign at Security announced. "There's someone on it."
Will turned to look at him.
"Archer?" he asked.
"No, sir... it's... Xindi!"
Will stared at him. There were Xindi on the outer hull!
"Vapourise it. And scan for others. Make sure Archer and his team are alive."
"Aye, sir."

Exterior

After a few seconds Enterprise had scanned the plate, discovered what was on it and vaporised it with a phaser beam. He tried to bring the suit's comm system back online. *"Warning communications damaged."* It wasn't the only dire news he had. *"Warning, oxygen supply leak. Oxygen for 7 minutes left."* He still had a job to do... He crawled along the deck until he reached the first damaged docking latch, latch 4. The main issue he could see here was that it was being jammed by a damaged component. Archer kicked it. It didn't budge. He kicked it again. Still nothing. Activating the magboots on the leg he had bee using to kick, he attached his boot to the component and pushed. The component broke free in an array of sparks and fell into space. It was an important part but only in the separation sequence. They could reintegrate without it. The clamp still wasn't working. He pulled the cover off the control mechanism consoles and placed it down on the deck, it floated off but not fast enough for him not to catch it when he needed it back. He examined the flickering console. He had shot himself in the foot. As he thought about method to fix the issue he corrected himself. He had shot himself in the foot twice.

Bridge

"Thank you, Ensign," Will said. Reverse the polarity of the magnetic field on the outer hull."
Will watched with some measure of satisfaction as the entire contingent of Xindi was repulsed from the ship's surface. He felt their fear and anger, but closed his mind to it.
Will turned to look at the turbolift just at the moment it opened to reveal the exhausted-looking officer propped against the wall for balance.
"Mr Archer," he called out. "You should understand I currently hold the Starfleet record for the most occasions exposed to vacuum without an oxygen supply. If you're trying to match me, you have a long way to go. Report, please. In your own time. Catch your breath."

Archer retained his position. After a few seconds an ensign gave up her chair for him. He nodded to her thankfully and slumped down. It was a few minutes before the pain in his muscles started to subside ane he started breathing more normaly. He must have damaged his lungs as every beesth led to a sharp pain. He hoped his vocal chords were alright. He chanced speaking and found that between breaths his speach wad alright. "I don't plan too sir", this was worse than Fargo. Fargo made him sweat allot but there were no Xindi and plenty of oxygen... He took a deep breath before speaking. "Tell the...escort to... Come down lightly... To port. I... Repaired one... Clamp but... The other will need a slow approach... I'll control... Our clamps... From here. I can give the escort... Directions." He was managing to breath more easily now. He made it. He was alive.

{EE} Callum Jackson

• Senior Staff
  • Beware the ban hammer!
    • View Profile
    • Earth's Elite's
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 01:16:33 pm »

OOC:  I will reply later today.  I've got to have another read through and figure out what to do with my character.  Also, just a side note, the Enterprise doesn't have that many turbo lifts, only ones leading to vital areas of the ship for emergency use.  Transporter tech has advanced that much that there are multiple transporters on each deck and they are now the primary way of getting around the ship, also due to her size, taking a turbo lift would take you too long.

--
Callum Jackson
Chief Executive Officer
Earth's Elite

{EE} William Angel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 01:47:15 pm »

OOC: Part whatever...

USS Enterprise
Bridge
1654 Hours

Archer retained his position. After a few seconds an ensign gave up her chair for him. He nodded to her thankfully and slumped down. It was a few minutes before the pain in his muscles started to subside ane he started breathing more normaly. He must have damaged his lungs as every beesth led to a sharp pain. He hoped his vocal chords were alright. He chanced speaking and found that between breaths his speach wad alright. "I don't plan too sir", this was worse than Fargo. Fargo made him sweat allot but there were no Xindi and plenty of oxygen... He took a deep breath before speaking. "Tell the...escort to... Come down lightly... To port. I... Repaired one... Clamp but... The other will need a slow approach... I'll control... Our clamps... From here. I can give the escort... Directions." He was managing to breath more easily now. He made it. He was alive.

"Make that happen. Get Mr Archer some oxygen," Will instructed, and the ensign at Security peeled a mask away from under his station. He applied it to Archer's face and the engineer's breathing seemed to improve immediately.
Will took a more leisurely path to where the stricken man sat.
"Good work, Ensign," he said. "Now, when you're fit again, you can control the reintegration from the aft station. Then you can report to sick bay and get checked over."

TAG: Callum/Scott

{EE} Scott Archer

• Vice Admiral
  • Senior Staff
  • Scott Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 02:42:41 pm »

OOC: Part three

USS Enterprise
Bridge
1654 Hours

"Make that happen. Get Mr Archer some oxygen," Will instructed, and the ensign at Security peeled a mask away from under his station. He applied it to Archer's face and the engineer's breathing seemed to improve immediately.
"Good work, Ensign," he said. "Now, when you're fit again, you can control the reintegration from the aft station. Then you can report to sick bay and get checked over."

The oxygen mask was well received. His breathing cleared up and the last of the lactic acid drained away. He continued taking the oxygen. There was still the pain in his lungs but he was pretty sure this was as good as he was going to get... He stood and moved to the aft console. He was feeling much better now. He set the clamps to pre docking sequence. Clamp 4 was still coming up as red but if it held together the force of the dock should force it into position. If it broke then the dock should be fine. Clamp 14 seemed fine. His repair seemed to be working so far. If that broke as well, there were 12 to compensate. He was ready. He waited for the Commanders orders. Where was the Admiral? He must have done something or someone had as all the clamps were online. "Ready sir."
Tag Will, Callum 

{EE} William Angel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 05:15:25 pm »

OOC: Part three

USS Enterprise
Bridge
1654 Hours

The oxygen mask was well received. His breathing cleared up and the last of the lactic acid drained away. He continued taking the oxygen. There was still the pain in his lungs but he was pretty sure this was as good as he was going to get... He stood and moved to the aft console. He was feeling much better now. He set the clamps to pre docking sequence. Clamp 4 was still coming up as red but if it held together the force of the dock should force it into position. If it broke then the dock should be fine. Clamp 14 seemed fine. His repair seemed to be working so far. If that broke as well, there were 12 to compensate. He was ready. He waited for the Commanders orders. Where was the Admiral? He must have done something or someone had as all the clamps were online. "Ready sir."

Will nodded his acknowledgment.
=/\= All hands prepare for reintegration. All hands prepare for reintegration. All standby stations coordinate with Ensign Archer on the Command section bridge. =/\=
After giving his orders shipwide he turned back to the engineering station.
"Mr Archer, this is your show. Call it."

Pages: [1] 2 3

Login/Register To Use The EE COMMS

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal